Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Contentment


I'm excited to introduce Guest Blogger Renee Law. Here's a picture of us together with a few others from our June CIC class having lunch! She's the one next to me in the purple against the window.



Renee is a recent graduate of Fashion Meets Faith's Christian Image Consulting Course and now contentedly resides in West Virginia. She is available to speak to your church, MOPS, Moms or other women's groups in and around the Hunington, WV area. Or if you're in need of a local, fabulous stylist, she's your gal! She can reached by emailing her here
Enjoy her post!
Shari Braendel


"Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned to be content with whatever I have." Phillipians 4:11 NLT



By Renee Law
Contentment....God has been teaching me many things about that word. You see, I am from West Virginia. I have lived here 40 out of my almost 41 years. My goal in life was to move away to someplace I deemed as fun and exciting....a BIG city!

I have begged God and my husband to allow us to move somewhere else. Neither of them has allowed that to happen yet. I can say now that I am truly thankful that we are still here. Yes, thankful! You see, if God had opened any doors for us to get out I would never have learned to be content with where I was. I would have run as fast as I could. 

Do you ever feel that way about your body? Just completely discontent with what you see in the mirror?

If you're like me, you look in the mirror and think, “Why do I have to be bigger on the bottom half? Can I push some of this booty weight to the top?”
Or maybe you have the opposite problem. You wonder why you have to be so blessed on your top half? If you've read Shari’s book "Good Girls Don't Have to Dress Bad" you know which body type you are:B, O, D or X

No one seems to be happy with the letter they are (except maybe the X's, but even a balanced body like an X struggles with her body at times!)

Again, we are back to the word "contentment". We are just they way God wants us to be. 

Embrace the way He made you. God doesn't make mistakes. Your hips are not a mistake. Your thighs are not a mistake. Your blessed or small chest is not a mistake.


If you need a reminder of how to be content, visit Fashion Meets Faith's Contentment Board on Pinterest

You might just want to print some of these sayings on some small cards and post them on your mirror or in your car to remind you to be content...just where you are.

          You are His masterpiece just the way He created you!  Loved sharing with you today!

Renee Law 
CIC Graduate of Fashion Meets Faith



3 comments:

~Brenda said...

Congrats, Renee on becoming a CIC!
Your post is timely; sometimes I forget to be content with my body -thanks for the reminder...

Shari Braendel said...

Brenda, you are always so encouraging to all our writers! Love you much!!!!! Shari

Megan C said...

Great post, thank you!